Tis The Season To Skate! The Rink Powered By Pepsi Will Open Thanksgiving Day 2020
Attention valued patrons and guests: Please be aware that the Rink will be implementing a mandatory face mask policy this season. This means all guests, skaters, and parents will be required to wear a mask while in the facility. The mask may be removed by participants when taking the ice, but should be put back on immediately following. Parents, guests, and ice skaters may remove mask to eat and drink. When walking around the facility a face mask must be worn. All staff members are required to wear a mask at all times. Any guests entering the facility without a facemask may purchase one from the front desk for $1.
The mask requirement is a precautionary measure to continue to go above and beyond the CDC's required safety standards, and to further help limit the spread of COVID-19. Our team will continue to place an emphasis on wiping down handles, surfaces, tables, doors, and all common areas.
The Rink at Park Tavern Powered by Pepsi will be open Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. to midnight and Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to midnight. Guests of all ages can enjoy skating experiences for $15 Monday through Thursday and $20 Friday through Sunday until 8 p.m. At 8:30 p.m., The Rink becomes a 16+ venue until midnight. The Rink Powered by Pepsi is available for private skating lessons, parties, marriage proposals and more.
The Fire & Ice Rink season Powered by Pepsi will once again bring patrons unobstructed views of Piedmont Park and the Midtown skyline. Skaters will stay warm under the heated Garden Tent and enjoy a state-of-the-art sound system and an 85-foot long and 40-foot wide rink. Due to COVID we are limiting our capacity of skaters on the ice. Typically the rink accommodates 200 ice skaters. During the 2020-2021 season we will limit capacity to no more than 100 skaters on the ice. Observers are invited to sit back and relax and catch up with family and friends by stone fire pits and fireplaces, in private cabanas, and ample seating while catching their favorite teams on multiple flat screen TVs.
In addition to rink and park-side dining, seasonal cocktails and house-made brews from one of Atlanta’s oldest breweries, guests can also take advantage of 1/2 price wine bottles every Wednesday.
Parking is conveniently located next to the Rink at Park Tavern. The parking lot is managed by an independent contractor and not by Park Tavern. Parking is available for $3 on weekdays and $5 on weekends. NOTE: If there is a special event parking will increase.
Disclaimer: There are days when the Rink has private party blackouts, and the all-day skate will not apply during this time. Parking rates may increase for special events.
- All Ages Monday- Friday 4:30pm-8pm (16+ 8:30pm-Midnight)
- All Ages Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-8pm (16+ 8:30pm-Midnight)
- The ice team resurfaces the ice as needed throughout the day.
- The Rink at Park Tavern sells “all day tickets” rather than specific skate sessions
- Purchase a ticket on the day of your choice and come anytime during operational hours (No in-and-out).
- Only those who wish to skate need to purchase a ticket (Spectating is FREE!)
- We feature Bauer hockey skates in sizes Youth 8 to Adult 14
The Rink makes hosting birthday parties, holiday parties and corporate outings simple and fun! Follow these steps to make a birthday party reservation:
- Select your party time. Parties can be held during any time that is open to the public. We will be closed to the public on several occasions so please visit our ticketing page to ensure your desired time is available.
- Call 404-249-0001 ext. 114 to reserve a table for your group or Make a Reservation HERE. We will reserve a table for your guests to
enjoy food and beverages.
Table reservations are available for parties up to 30 guests. All Rinkside table reservations require a $10 per person food & beverage minimum. A table can be reserved for 1 ½ hour. We recommend serving your food & drinks first, and opening presents after skating. No outside food may be brought in beside a birthday cake or cupcakes.
- Purchase tickets for the Rink online.For parties of 1-19 people, you may purchase skating tickets online. Parties of 20 or more are eligible for a 20% discount. To receive the group rate, at least 20 tickets must be purchased in ONE transaction. Please note that ALL skaters must have a signed liability waiver to skate. If children are attending PLEASE CLICK HERE for a COPY of the WAIVER to distribute to the parents of your party guests.
- During your party, you can order food & drinks from the Park Tavern restaurant. (View the menu by Clicking HERE). For parties, we highly recommend our PLATTERS. Any items from our appetizer or baskets section of the menu can be ordered as a platter. Platters are $49.00 each and are equivalent to five regular portions.
The following items are available as platters:
- Edamame- Soybeans with sea salt
- Truffled Tater Tots & Gruyere Fondue Sauce- Tater tots seasoned with black truffle
sea salt, fresh garlic, parsley, and parmesan.
Served with hot Gruyere fondue sauce
- Spinach, King Crab & Lobster Dip- Served with pita chips or celery for dipping.
- Buffalo Cauliflower- Crunchy, spiced cauliflower tossed in buffalo mild, hot, or Carolina Reaper sauce. Served with celery and blue cheese sauce.
- Wings- Fresh all-natural Buffalo wings tossed in Mild, Hot, or Carolina Reaper sauce, or Lemon Yaki. Served with fries or celery and blue cheese sauce.
- Southwest Egg Rolls- Spicy egg rolls with chicken, cheese, black beans and corn served with Cholula sour cream
- Black Bean Dip- Black beans, hot queso, fresh pico de gallo, sour cream, jalapenos, and cilantro served with fresh crispy warm tortilla chips
- Queso, Chips And Pico De Gallo- Warm tortilla chips served with creamy hot melted cheese and fresh pico de gallo for dipping and sharing
- Big Bang Shrimp- Crispy, rice-floured-dusted Georgia shrimp, coated in spicy big bang sauce
- Regular Hot Chocolate ($5)
- Crispy Apple Fritters with Ice Cream and Caramel Whisky Sauce ($8)
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream ($6)
Other than birthday cakes or cupcakes, no other outside food/beverage is permitted.
Engagements On Ice
Get engaged at The Rink at Park Tavern in Piedmont Park! For a truly cool proposal Thanksgiving through MLK
Your package includes:
- Front of the line skating passes and skate rentals for 2
- Private time on the ice for your proposal and “victory lap” after she/he says “YES!”
- A champagne toast
Call 404-249-0001 or email us at Lauren@piedmontroom.com or Ashley@piedmontroom.com for additional information.